Friday, June 27, 2008

Morro Bay paddle June 26, 2008



Paddled into the estuary from Pasadena Point between 4:45 PM and 6:20 PM. High tide was just at 6 PM, with a tide of 4.2 ft., enough to get to most places in the estuary. I first paddled nearly over to the State Park Marina, then headed into the estuary and paddled generally east until I wound up in the channel that becomes Turri Creek. Plenty of small birds; terns, willets(?), grebes, avocets, 1 heron, half a dozen egrets. Took a pic of a gull and a comorant standing together on a bank. The odd couple. The cormorant was still there on my return (possible hurt?). My paddle took me under the bridge at Turri Creek, where there are thousands of sparrows nesting in the bridge work. Returned to Pasadena Point, walked back home.

No comments: