Thursday, July 7, 2011

San Simeon June 24

No pictures from this day, which was spent on my sit on top. I was in full wet suit, hoping to do some snorkeling, but never did. Originally, this was to be a two kayak outing, but turned out to be just mine. For some odd reason, I rarely manage a clean, dry entry at San Simeon, and this day was no exception. My second attempt was the clean and dry one. Nice to get the wet suit wet. Did a bit of cave and nook exploring along the north side, and sat next to the cliff letting the spray from the blow holes get me. Fun. Did a bit of swimming off of the boat, but not much. Also practiced some landing/re-entries. Mary F spent the entire afternoon swimming the cove with her boogie board. I could not have lasted that long in the cold water (or swum that long). San Simeon is always nice.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day. Sometimes not having a picture leaves more to the imagination. I envy your kayaking. Keep blogging!