Monday, May 30, 2011

Windy Day on the Bay

The weather folks called for big wind today (Saturday, May 28, 2011), and they were correct. No matter; this was my chance to paddle, so out I went from the marina in Morro Bay, and headed into a steady hard wind from the north. I got a break when I reached Coleman Beach, and stayed close to the sea wall to stay out of the wind as I made my way toward the harbor entrance out past Morro Rock. The swell was minimal inside, but much bigger outside, as is usual. I tried to get a decent picture of a wave blasting up on the end of the north jetty, but failed to get a good one. I played around for a while between the jetties, then beached for a stretch and a snack. The paddle back was fast and easy. Though the tide was going out, the wind was still very strong, and required no real effort to travel south in the bay.
After I got out, I stopped at Pedals and Paddles on Morro Bay Blvd., where I visited with owner Andreas Modl and took a test spin on one of his Public brand city style bikes, which was quite impressive.

No comments: