Sunday, January 18, 2009

Morro Bay January 18, 2009


Another impossibly beautiful day! Not a cloud in sight, barely a breeze, and temps in the low 70s. I paddled from the Tidelands marina out to the south jetty across from Morro Rock, hung out on the beach for a while, and paddled back. The usual otters, seals and sea lions were hanging out near the harbor entrance, where the outside swells would occasionally crash over the north jetty. Awesome.
The kayak rental folks had to love this day; I don't think that I have ever seen so many paddlers out on the bay. On the return trip, I wondered aimlessly, merely to prolong my time on the water. Made it back home in time to wash the boat and check out the sunset in Baywood. My sincere thanks to ever water god or goddess who has ever been named.

No comments: